Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

August 31, 2017

My Kids

I Love my kids.  Just look at these faces!  Who wouldn't love faces like that?


I am constantly having people make comments about how I always seem happy.  And how I am constantly doing things with my boys despite cancer and how I feel.  And to me it seems these people are amazed by my attitude.  I don't feel like I have done anything amazing or extra special.  I just love my boys and husband so much that I just can't be anything but happy.

Believe me I have my days when I feel terrible, but on those days I get my strength to go on from God.  Sometimes its super hard, and there are days when I cry.  But I just Remember Psalms 46.
Psalm 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  2. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea:.....
This is how I have the strength to go on.  But, why DO I keep going.  Why don't I just give up?
Psalm 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Our children are passed down to us from God.  God is their creator and the one responsible for their creation.  But WE are to raise them for his purpose.  Our kids are watching us and our actions and attitudes towards trials will teach our children how to respond to their own trials when they are faced with them.  We are preparing them for the times after they are out from under our wings.  
Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence; and his children shall have a place of refuge.
I want my children to be saved and go to heaven.  I want them to grow up to be Godly men.  How terrible would it be if my actions and attitudes caused them to become bitter with God.  My desire is for them to learn to run towards God in times of trouble.  To find shelter and safety in Him.

Just as God promises to take care of us, he will also take care of our children.
Isaiah 44:3  For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:  I will pour my spirit upon thy seed,and my blessing upon thine offspring:
BUT, we have to teach our children.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Deuteronomy 4:40  There shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever. 
 Deuteronomy 5:29  O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
The Israelites were going through the trial of the wilderness, but this verse reminds them to just keep on.  "Their safety and prosperity would depend on their loyalty and obedience to God" (Haley's Bible Handbook page 150)  But not just theirs, their children also.  Their actions would affect their children's relationship with God.
Deuteronomy 10:20-22  Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.  He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen.  Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.
Deuteronomy 12:28  Observe and hear all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for ever, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of the LORD thy God. 

Because they, the Israelites, obeyed God, the nation of Israel grew and prospered.  What their parents began/instilled in them blessed them, the children.
Psalm 112:1-2  Praise ye the LORD.  Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.  His seed shall be mighty upon earth:  the generation of the upright shall be blessed
 So, I am choosing to be happy through cancer because I believe God has blessings of protection in store for my family.  But, mostly, because I want my children to learn how to become god fearing men so that they may receive an abundance of blessing too.
 

No comments: