Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

July 12, 2017

An Update

I sat down tonight to write a quick update of what is going on in my life and I discovered that it has been over a month since I've posted anything! Can it truly be that I wrote that last Update a month ago?  Man does time fly!   

So, what exactly have we been doing since the last update...
We built a tee-pee fort to watch movies.

We went on a train ride.  
This is the second time we've taken this day trip and the boys love it!  It's a small trip about an hour from where we live.  It runs through the Quartz Mountains and around Lake Lugart.  We'll most definitely be doing this again.

We celebrated Cooper's 6th birthday! 
Can you believe he's six!  
It was a great party that ended with 200 water balloons, 7 water guns, and a slip n slide!

We went to Library programs.  This was one of my favorites!  This lovely ventriloquist did excellent and she even had me laughing!

The boys were in the Cordell Founder's Day Parade!  They were so cute with their little cowboy outfits and their Elle even dressed the part in her pioneer woman outfit!  They were the hit of the parade!  Although I may be a little biased!

We made a trip to Weatherford Texas to spend the 4th of July with my family!

The boys had fun watching the town fireworks from the roof of their Aunt Lee's house and then shooting off their own later!

The next morning LB and I left the boys in the capable hands of my sister while we headed down to Houston.  They had a wonderful time playing with their cousins and they came home with many fun stories to share!

I took LB to see the ocean for his first time!  A little disappointed
that the spot I chose didn't have a beach, but it was still beautiful and left us wanting to go back; and  find a beach!

The trip to MD Anderson was a success.  I had a full day of scans that proved that the Chemo medicine is working and all the cancer spots have shrunk and are on their way out!  We will be continuing on with the treatment plan the we were currently doing, but will go back in another 6 weeks to make sure that progress is continuing in the direction that we are wanting.

After, two and a half days at MD Anderson, we headed back to my sister's house to pick up the kids and enjoyed an additional evening spending time with my family!  We had a great time and we should do it more often.

That is the end of the crazy busy summer month that flew by without any word from me.  I have many pictures of other things we've been doing and I hope to get them posted soon!
Missed you, Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your writings on here sharing the life and times of being a farmer's wife, your family (including the fantastic pictures you post), your husband, the boys,your battle and your love of God. You should combine everything you have written and have it published! You have a beautiful gift for words.