Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 21, 2014

My garden.

Well, spring is in full swing and so is my garden.

I love my garden.  
I wish I had pictures for you, but my computer is currently not cooperating with me.

This year, I have been a little more organized.  I think it's because I kinda have a little bit of an idea of what I'm doing.  The last two years, LB walked me through most of it teaching me when to plant, how to plant and how to keep weeds at bay.  What to do with the vegetables once they were ripe, well, I was on my own for that!

This year, I have a good variety of everything. I have garlic and onion. Squash and zucchini. Sunflowers. Okra. Watermelon, pumpkin and cantaloupe. Red and white potatoes.  All kinds of peppers. And big juicy tomatoes! My mouth is watering just thinking about all the big tasty meals to come!  

Baby J is even enjoying himself this year.  In addition to making mud puddles, he's has is own little hoe and shovel that he uses to help chop weeds (and sometimes onions). 

Another new addition, is our two new fruit trees.  We planted a peach and an apple.  And our little bitty 3 foot peach tree already has two little peaches!  

Hopefully I'll get you some pictures in the next few days!

Happy Wednesday!
Amy


No comments: