Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

February 8, 2013

Orange Vinegar

I know this looks really gross, but it actually is really neat!
 
I saw on pinterest a while ago where someone put orange peels in their vinegar, let it set, then had a wonderfully scented cleaner.  So, I tried it! (It worked, but I needed to put more peels in.  The scent wasn't as strong as I'd have liked.) This is a great green cleaner and does MANY things.
 
For instructions and further informationi on making and using Orange Vinegar check out Ann's post at the Fountain Avenue Kitchen.
 
For those of you who don't know, vinegar is great for lots of things around the house.  One of the main things I use vinegar for, is to remove hard water build up. We have hard water here in our small town, so about once a month, I get out my trusty vinegar and scrub all the build up off my faucets.
 
These are off my bathroom faucets.  I didn't think to take a picture of them on the faucets and I don't know the exact name of what these are, so I hope you're not confused. 
 
See all that yucky hard water build up?  I'm going to show you how to get it off.
 
 You simply drop them into a bowl of vinegar and let it set.
See how much has already flaked off in just 15 minutes.
 
See how nice and shiny they are after just a few hours of soaking and a little bit of brushing. 
 
If you decide to try this, remember you may have to refresh your vinegar periodically through out the soaking process.  Also, I brush with a toothbrush and rinse every once in a while.
 
Hope you have enjoyed my little home remedy!
Happy Cleaning, Amy
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: