Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 24, 2011

Oklahoma's Weather

Well, I'm not really sure where to start with this post.

I had a post all typed up and ready to post for today about our garden, but I just don't feel like I should post it after the evening we've had here in Oklahoma. 

For those of you who have been watching the weather this evening, know about the tornadoes that have plagued our state today. 

I'm an Oklahoma native and am not a newcomer to tornado weather.  But, I have never experienced a direct hit to any tornado damage, until today.

My parents place was hit this evening. 

The wonderful place where I grew up, was in the line of the tornado that hit Stillwater.  Luckily, their house is OK, but the property is mangled and covered with lots of debris.  Once I found out my parents were OK, but that their place was not, my heart was broken.  I wanted to immediately jump in my car and drive the 150 miles home and give them both a big hug.   Then I wanted to wave my magic wand make all the trash go away and mend all the fences, but unfortunately, I don't have a magic wand and even if I could have gone up there, there would have been nothing I could have done tonight.

I know there are a lot of you who are going through the same thing, and I just wanted to let you all know my thoughts and prayers are going out to you tonight!  And I'm going to ask every one of you that is reading this to just take a moment to say a prayer for everyone who is suffering.

With Love,
Amy

1 comment:

Yakvonn said...

Amy, I am so so so so thankful your parents are ok!!! I love you!