Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

July 2, 2010

P90X

I signed up for a membership to the local gym here in my town.  I don't know what I was thinking because, you see, I've become soft.  I like sitting on the couch.  I like staying inside in the nice cool air conditioning.

Now don't get me wrong.  I like being outside too.  I like going to the farm and doing yard work, but who doesn't like to sit in the recliner with their feet up drinking a glass of lemonade on a hot day?

Back to the gym. 

So, I've been going to the gym for about a month now.  I have usually been going in the mornings; but a couple of days ago I wasn't able to make it until after dinner.  And come to find out there is a group of ladies that meet in the evenings to do the p90x workouts.  They invited me to join them and it sounded like fun so, I jumped in. 

Let me just take this moment to say, for one hour, I died a slow painful death! 

Six years ago I could have done this workout with flying colors.  Well, maybe not flying colors, but I definitely wouldn't have been dizzy, and short of breath, and shaking, and in need of water...

It felt good to have a good workout.  I was motivated with these other ladies.  I feel this workout helped me more than anything I had done the month before.  I needed this if I'm going to get back in shape and loose weight.  At least that's what I keep telling myself;  but I am here today to tell you get ready to feel the burn!

Yesterday morning I didn't want to get out of bed.  I wanted LB to bring me an ice pack.  One that was the size of my body.  Then I wanted him to tell me that he would wait on me hand and foot until my muscles were better and I could move without pain.  But he didn't he just looked at me and said "I have no sympathy for you.  You're the one who decided to do the workout."  Then I said "Fine!"  and I got out of bed (very slowly) and went grocery shopping.

If you're looking for a good workout, I suggest the P90X.

No comments: