Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

July 6, 2010

A Funny Word

Zerk:

I think this word is so funny!  I'm not really sure why I think it is so funny, But I do!  Believe it or not this is a real word.  Webster's dictionary defines Zerk as:  a grease fitting.


Every time I hear the word Zerk I want to giggle!  

I see these grease fittings quiet often.  LB and my brother-in-law, The Mechanic, use them all the time when they are servicing the machinery.  A Zerk is what you attach a grease gun to, to get grease into the joints. 

I took the liberty of taking a picture of some Zerks so that you would know what I'm talking about.

These are spare Zerks; in case one needs to be replaced.  These are still clean and shiny.


This is what a Zerk looks like on machinery.  I even cleaned it so it would actually look like something instead of a brown dot. 

Well, You guys enjoy the funny word!

Now, I'm going to go grease something!

No comments: