Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

April 11, 2010

Funerals, Auctions, and No Sun Screen

On Friday, LB and I had an out of town funeral to go to.  We actually ended up riding with the Mechanic; no one had to go alone that way.  I actually didn't know the gentleman that had passed away.  But, after sitting through his funeral, I left hoping that I could leave the impact on just one person's life, that he left on everyone he knew.  It was a very nice funeral, and I actually left feeling uplifted.  After, listening to everyone who spoke at the funeral, that was how this Gentleman wanted it to be.  I hope that one day, I will have touched someone's life in such a positive way.

Well, the funeral was, on the football field, of his hometown high school at two o'clock in the afternoon.  I didn't have any sun screen. I came home with some really cute tan lines.

Saturday,  I went to an estate auction!  It was really exciting!  I have been to several auctions, but I have never bid on anything.  That all changed today!  I found something that I had to have.  I love light up Christmas villages.  Especially the Department 56 brand.  And I found some today.  Well, LB instructed me in the proper way to bid, and told me how much he thought I should spend, and he let me loose. 

It was so exciting!  I was up there raising my hand and knodding my head.  I was bidding against people to get something I wanted.  It got heated for a while and I lost one of the pieces.  But, I stepped back in for the next two pieces,  And I won!  It was so exciting.  I got caught up in the excitment.  After I bought the village pieces, I was ready to go back for more!  I didn't know what exactly, I would have bid on anything just for the fun and excitment of it.  But, I practiced some self discipline and I put my hand in my pocket and then asked LB for money to pay for what I bought.  (Yes, I used his money.  It's more fun that way!)

Well, Here is my prize:


This is the Ashwick Lane Hose and Ladder
fire house.  Look at all the detail.


The ladder comes off, and the buckets swing on their hooks.


The little bell in the tower rings.


This is just a little village house.  I don't know the name of it.


A sweet couple on a sleigh ride.


Another couple ice skating.

I love the quality of department 56 products.  Very nice craftmanship.

Well, after I practiced my self discipline and was standing around watching everyone else having fun bidding on things, I realized that I didn't have any sun screen on and I had been there for 3 hours.  So on top of the funeral on Friday and then The Auction Saturday, I came home with a rudolph nose and lobster red ears.  I bet I look cute!

Spring is officially here when you have to start wearing sun screen!

Well, I better go so I can put on slome lotion.
Your Bright Red Friend
Amy


No comments: