Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

April 26, 2018

Giving Mommy a Stroke

I just came across some pictures today as I was cleaning off my phone, that have a good story to share with you.  The pics are from last summer and I've finally recovered enough to talk about it.

Last summer, Wyatt decided to give me a mini stroke.  I have always said from the beginning that he was my little dare devil.  There's nothing that he won't try to climb or jump off of.  And for a mamma with a two story house, I'm definitely kept on my toes!

Last August, Wyatt decided that the stairs would be the perfect place to practice his jumping.  But he wasn't just jumping.  He was jumping down the stairs, BACKWARDS!  I saw him performing the little stunt and told him to stop twice.  I told him I was afraid he'd fall and get hurt.  He just laughed and shouted "Boing!" and continued jumping.  And sure enough he crashed!


Well, the backward jump that caused the crash was just a little too hard of a 'boing" and he overshot the step sending him head first into the newel post.  I was at the top of the stairs coming down with the vacuum cleaner and saw the whole thing happen.  


Do you know how bad a head wound bleeds?  Well, let me just tell you, It's A LOT!  I actually thought he had put his eye out.  But once we got the blood cleaned off we discovered that it was just a nice little V right on the eyebrow.  He probably needed a couple stitches but we just pushed it down and held it in place with a Mickey band-aid and all was well.


He's probably going to have that nice little "V" scar in his eyebrow for the rest of his life.  But at least he's got a good story to go with it!

Yes, the saying is true:  Mom of Boys: less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive!

Livin' the Good Life
Amy


No comments: