Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

February 21, 2018

My Testimony

On Sunday I was asked to give my testimony at church.  I felt very honored to be able to share my story with everyone, and a little nervous too!  After it was all over with, Landon thought I should share my testimony with you guys here in the blog world too.  I hope my story helps someone else who is going through the same thing.

Here goes...

I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer in May of 2015.  A year later it came back as stage 4 metastatic  breast cancer.  Meaning it had spread to other parts of my body.  It was discovered in my spine and ribs.  Since then, (over the past two years), it has continued to spread and has been found in my liver, lungs, and other places in my spine.  Every time a spot has popped up, we've been able to switch to a new drug that has been able to work for a while.  Either shrinking the spot or keeping it stable for a time.  We are currently seeing great results with the drug I'm on and hope to continue with it for a while.

This has been quiet an amazing journey!  Over the past three years I've been able to see God at work in my life and my family's life.  Shortly after I was diagnosed, I remember a thought coming to me.  Landon and I were driving home from one of our appointments and I was missing the boys terribly and I was suddenly So very thankful that I was the one with cancer and not one of my babies.  I couldn't imagine having to watch one of them suffer with Cancer. 
     1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

It was this moment when I really began to understand the greatness of God's love.  I love my children so much that I am willing and glad to go through all this (chemo, hair loss, surgeries, biopsies...) if it means that my children won't have to.  I became thankful and joyful in my situation.

Jesus did the same thing for us.  He loves us so much that he died on the cross for us.  He suffered and bleed then took on death so that we wouldn't have to.
     John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life.

Through this change of thought, I've been able to put all my faith and trust in God. Oh yes, sometimes it's been hard, but I've been able to draw closer to God.  James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you.  Through my struggle with cancer I have been allowed by God to experience just how great his love is for me.  I am still here.  I am doing well.  I am still able to be a wife to my husband and a mother to my children.  I am seeing miracles in my life daily.  I've even seen my oldest son accept Jesus as his personal savior and be baptized!

But one of the greatest things I've been able to do because of cancer is allow God's light to shine through me.  It says in Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven.  I've been able to share God's love with others. I've been able to tell my story and comfort others going through similar situations.  I've talked with people at Integris, MD Anderson, and even a few churches.  I've been able to plant that little seed so that one day it may grow and  maybe one day they too may experience God's Love.



No comments: