Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

February 16, 2018

A Late Valentine Wish

Well, How are you today?  I hope you all have had a wonderful Valentine week.  Full of lots of love, candy, and hugs from your kids!  We are finally winding down from our adventurous Valentine week!  Things didn't really go as planned, but we survived and had a great Valentines Day none the less.  

 Our week started out with a quick decor refresh to get everyone in the spirit.  


I don't usually do a lot for Valentines day.  It's usually just a quick change between my snow decorations and my Easter decorations.  See the vase filled with light pink hearts?  Cooper and I made those out of salt dough about 4 years ago for our valentine craft.  And the Be Mine card framed on the wall?  The bumble bees are made from the boys finger prints!  That is one of my personal favorites to hang up.


I need to get a couple more of these little wood heart garlands.  They are fun to drape across pictures or just lay wiggled across the top of the book case.  

After the decorating was complete, it was time to begin the valentine cards and Valentine card box projects for Cooper to take to his school valentine party.  Cooper and Wyatt are currently interested in the TV show Grizzly Adams.  So, Cooper wanted to make Grizzly Adams Valentines.


I think the Valentine Box turned out pretty adorable for being so simple.  I cut only the one window and the door.  Then I let Cooper paint the box with acrylic paint.  If your kids are like mine, getting to paint anything is pretty exciting.  After taping the top flaps of the box into a point, we hot glued the Popsicle sticks for the roof.  The original plan was to glue sticks all over the box so it'd look like a log cabin, but we don't have enough sticks in our yard and it seemed like a pretty big task, so cooper settled for just the roof of Popsicle sticks.  


The cards were super easy to make and lots of fun.  I cut the paper and the Cricut cut the bear and heart.  Other than that, Cooper stamped and glued everything.  He had fun passing them out to his friends.  

I did't get to do a Valentine craft with Wyatt this year.  I was pretty disappointed, but my Dr. thought it would be best if I spent the day receiving another Blood transfusion.  I guess if your going to have to have a transfusion, Heart day is a good day to have one!  I had gone in on Tuesday morning for my regular Chemo appointment.  But the Lab work I had done showed that my hemoglobin counts were again low.  We continued with my Chemo Treatment, but had the transfusion the next day so that my counts wouldn't drop dangerously low.  That plan allowed me to keep on schedule with my treatments so that I can continue to see the best possible results. 

 All this craziness kept me from wishing you a happy valentine on time so, Happy Late Valentines to you!
Amy



No comments: