Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 24, 2017

Round One is In The Books


Today was my first round of the new chemo meds!

I was so ready to get started.  I don't do well idling. I'm the kind of person that once I know what needs to be done, I want to do it.  I don't want to wait around.  Even though in this case the "waiting around" was due to receiving a second opinion, it was still very nerve racking on my part.  I was ready to just get started and get it over with.  We met with my Oklahoma Oncologist this morning and discussed what we learned at MD Anderson. My MD Oncologist actually didn't have a different plan for me.  She did however suggest that one drug I am to be taking be something different than the original plan.  But everything else was the same.  Once discussing with my Oklahoma Dr.  We chose the medicine suggested by MD and began the treatment.  

The treatment I'll be taking will be a 21 day cycle.  On day one of the cycle I will go to Integris (here in OK)  and take and infusion chemo drug.  Infusion means it will go through an IV into my bloodstream.  It will take approximately 4 hours to get this done.  Then, also on day one, I'll begin an oral chem that I will take two times a day for 14 days. At the end of the 14 days I will have seven days of "rest".  I won't take any medicine.  This will allow my body to build back up.  Then the whole process will start over again!

It's that simple!  

Ok, so I know it sounds funny to say that it's simple, but really on my part it is.  There are no surgeries or radiation; and the IV chemo is spaced farther apart than the last IV chemo I had to take.  All I really have to worry about is remembering to take the pills at home!  And with chemo brain that sometimes tends to be a challenge!  Thank goodness for iPhone alarms! Ha!

I'm feeling very thankful too in that I came home tonight and had relatively good energy.  I played in the yard with the boys and watered all my plants. Let's just pray that it continues this way.

Also, keep your fingers crossed that my brunet hair stays put!  
Some people experience hair loss with the drug I'm on but not everyone. I hope I'm one of the "not everyone".  It was hard work growing back what I have. ;)

So, all in all today was a good start.  We left feeling positive and knowing that God is in control of everything and feeling his hand on us today.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:  but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
~I Corinthians 10:13

And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee; fear not, neither be dismayed.
~Deuteronomy 31:8

God is with me on this journey.  He went before me and prepared the plan and gave me the strength to bear it.  He won't leave me alone for he is beside me all the way!

Living on Faith
Amy

4 comments:

Tracy Dakil said...

Amy I'm so proud of you. What a heart for God. I pray His many blessings on you and your family. What kind of cancer is it and where? Tracy Dakil

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, the best to you and your family. Sherrie and I pray for you everyday. God does have a plan for you we know.
Know that the Allen family from Cogar will continue the prayers.
Mitch

Sindy Brown said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and what is going on.
This helps us know how to pray! We Love you!
Sindy

Anonymous said...

Amy, please know that all your friends at Bible Baptist in Stillwater are praying for your complete healing! You have an awesome outlook and serve a wonderful God! Dewey and Irma Giddeon��������