Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 19, 2017

Journey to MD Anderson - Pt. 3

Whew! We have finally arrived!


The roads and bridges in Houston are absolutely crazy!!!!!!

Landon and I decided that we like our small town traffic best!  If it wasn't for this amazing app called Waze we'd probably have never made it.  My sister told me about the app while we were stuck in the middle of Dallas yesterday and I promptly downloaded it.  We will never use another app for navigation again!  

On another note, Houston is beautiful!

Well, let me rephrase that.  There are too many buildings and roads and people (I like my open spaces), but the vegetation is beautiful!  The MD Anderson campus has beautiful gardens and walking paths.  They have things planted in their gardens that I have never seen in anything other than pots before!  


And they have palm trees!!


I would have taken more pictures but my phone died.  I used up all the battery navigating us here!

The hotel we're at is amazing too.  We pulled up and they had a Valet and a Bellhop meet us.  We unloaded our luggage and left it in the safe hands of the bellhop and handed over the keys to the car.  While they took care of our things, the concierge took us on a tour so that we would be able to find our way around the campus tomorrow.  Then we were met by the New Patient coordinators.  They gave me my appointment schedule for tomorrow and made sure I had all paper work completed.  Once we finished with all the business we were finally able to go to our room where everything was safely waiting for us.  It was nice.  They really knew how to calm our anxiety about the hectic day to come. 

We were able to spend the rest of the evening settling in and taking a quick walk through their gardens.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take a few more pictures.

 Our appointments begin at 7:30 in the morning and they've asked that we be prepared for it to be a long day.  So, I should probably go to bed! 

Chillin' in Houston
Amy

No comments: