Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

December 17, 2013

Christmas List

1.  I love my Christmas tree.  It is decorated with round, red, glass ornaments that belonged to my Mema.  Hallmark ornaments from every year that we have been married.  Glass ornaments filled with wheat, sunflower seeds, oats, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and dirt from our farms.  Pine cones, acorns, and a menagerie of other ornaments that make our tree tell a story.

2.  Every year since LB and I have been married, I have bought a Hallmark ornament to commemorate something special from that year.  It's always fun to hang them on the tree.  There's lots of times, when I unwrap the ornament, I say oh yeah, or remember this?  I have started the tradition for Baby J too. 

3.  I have two Nativity sets.  I love them.  Not only is it a perfect reminder of why we really celebrate Christmas, it is also a good teaching tool.  Baby J almost knows all the people and will tell you who they are when you point at them, except for some reason he won't say Shepherd or Angel!

4.  I always wrap my presents in brown paper and embellish with ribbon.  Last year I used all blue ribbons.  Then I cut out the first letter of the recipients' name and glued it to the package with glitter.  This year, I'm using a variety of ribbon and drawing on each package.

5.  I don't think there has ever been a year when I haven't played Dirty Santa at least once!

6.  One of my favorite Christmas activities is our church's Christmas Eve candle light service.  I look forward to it every year and dearly miss it on years I'm traveling and am unable to attend.

7.  On average, LB and I attend seven Christmas gatherings/celebrations/family get togethers, a year!

8.  Another of my favorite Christmas traditions:  My Mom reads the Christmas story from the Bible every year before we are able to open presents.  Not only is it another good reminder before we tear into packages, I like listening to her and hear her passion for God.  Luke 2 and Matthew 1

9.  I love Christmas lights.  And if I could find a way I would have twinkle lights in my house year round!

10.  Last but not least Christmas Music!  Really does it need any more explanation than that?

No comments: