Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

June 24, 2013

It's Over!

1.  Harvest is over!  Yay!  Well, it was actually over on Saturday, but I'm so excited that it's over I'm still celebrating today. 

2.  The guys had three breakdowns this year. I think they were they we're the worst breakdowns we've had since I've been in the family!  We started cutting two Mondays ago, and everything was going smooth, then last Monday we had our first big problem and it took two days to fix. They had to gut the combine to get to the part that malfunctioned. After that everything kinda went downhill. As LB said "it took the fun out of cuttin' wheat"

3.  I didn't take very many pictures this year.  I'm not sure why, maybe because I spent most of my time in the field keeping track of a very curious little boy or feeding the guys.

4.  I'm glad harvest is over, mostly because I know how hard the boys had to work to get everything cut this time.  I was worn out for them!

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be ready for next year!

Amy

No comments: