Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

February 1, 2013

The Help

The Help
Last month, I read this book.
 
I happened to win it in a drawing at our local library about two weeks ago.  I had seen the previews for the movie, but was never able to see it.  So, when I received the book, I was pretty excited.  (I love to read, and before Baby J was born, I read an average of two books a month.  This is the second book I've read since he's been born!  I need to get back into the habit!)
 
For those of you who don't know, this book is set in the early 1960's and covers the topic of segregation.  It was actually a huge eye opener for me.  I laughed, I cried, and I feared right along with the characters!  For those of you who have read the book, Minnie was my favorite character.  Who was yours?
 
Anyhow, I suggest you run out to your local book store or library, and pick up a copy!  It was great, I read it in less than a week!  A couple of nights, I stayed up late reading because I just couldn't put it down!
 
I give it two thumbs up!
Amy

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You need to rent the movie...it is excellent. Get a box of kleenex and remember I lived in this era.