Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

January 23, 2013

Christmas Trees and Snow

Hello All!
 
I have got the picture thing worked out and I'm back!
 
First off, Thank you to all of you loyal readers who kept sending out the encouragement to not let this go by the wayside and continue blogging! 
 
So, to make everyone happy, where do we begin? 
(I know I'm a little behind, so I'll do the best I can to catch you up from the last month and a half!)
 
First item on the list:  My Christmas tree.
 
In the eight years that LB and I have been married, I have only used hand me down Christmas decorations.  Well, this year I got a new tree and I got several new decorations.  And to add some color I made bunches of wheat and poked them in, all over.  Unfortunately I didn't get a close up.  But I think you can still see some of the wheat!  With the tree being the same height as our ceiling, we didn't have enough room to put on a star!
 
I have always wrapped my presents in brown paper, but this year I coordinated the ribbon and put every one's initial on their packages!  I like it so much, I think I'll do it again next year!
 
Now that Christmas is over, I decorated for winter.
 
We decorate with leaves and pumpkins for fall, and we put out flowers for spring in summer.  So why not decorate with snow for winter?
 
Epsom salt works great for fake snow! 
 
And mirrors make great frozen ponds!
 
I love decorating.  Now it's time to start thinking about Valentine's!
 
Missed all y'all!
Amy
 

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Awesome...I bought a 9 foot tree this year also because I really didnt realize my cealing was so high. I loved it and it had been about 6 years since I bought a new one. Love your decorating, you have great ideals. Thanks for blogging...now don't wait so long Cooper has grown a foot since your last post. Ha