Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 20, 2012

Supper Time During Harvest


I love supper time during harvest.

It's the time during the day, when the whole family is able to get together; even if it is for just a few minutes.

Every family is different, but in our family, my mother-in-law and I take turns cooking supper for the whole family.  Then we all meet in the field and eat together while the combine is dumping it's load in the semi.

The meals during harvest are exceptionally good too!

We eat meals like chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, homemade biscuits AND homemade jelly.  And there is always a dessert.  Usually something like Apple pie or cobbler!

It may be a little rushed.  And we may have to battle the elements(ants, flies, wind, dirt) but it's still one of my favorite times!

Even if I gain a few pounds!
Love Amy





No comments: