Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

August 18, 2011

Road Trip

Baby J had his first road trip last weekend!

That's right! LB and I loaded up the baby and our crazy haired dog and drove halfway across the state.

What were we thinking driving that far with a 6 week old baby?

Well, I'll tell ya what we were thinking.

My grandparents, Baby J's Great grandparents hadn't met him yet.


And we just couldn't make them wait any longer. 

So we loaded up and drove to Sulphur for the day.  Baby J did really good.  He was a little fussy, but I would be too if I had to be strapped into a seat and not be able to see where I was going. 

If you'll look closely, you'll see a crisp new $2 bill in Baby J's hand.  My Papa started this tradition years ago.  All of the grand kids and great grand kids get a $2 bill from their Papa when they are born. 

I think it's a really cool tradition.   I still have mine tucked away in a safe place.And one day when Baby J is my age he'll have an awesome gift from his great grandparents!

Amy



No comments: