Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

March 21, 2011

Vacation

LB and I just got back from vacation.  As in "Just" I mean two days ago! 

That's right, for the first time, since our honeymoon, six years ago, we went on a trip!

It was great!  We had a blast!

We began our journey from Oklahoma to Angel Fire, New Mexico, on Saturday the 13th and we came home one week later! 


It was a beautiful drive.  We took our time and didn't rush.  It took us two days to drive out there, but we were able to stop and enjoy a few places on the way!


If you're ever in Springer NM you should stop at the Brown Hotel & Cafe.  It is a historic building that is still run the same way it was when it was originally open. There are rooms upstairs and a large dining room downstairs. I suggest you get a slice of home made bread while you're there.


We also didn't go alone.  We caravaned with my Aunt Nana and Uncle Sam, and their kids and grand kids.


For those of you who know my family, know that there is never a dull moment when we're all together.  I have stories upon stories I could tell you from my various experiences with them.  Some of them are so funny, we could have won $1,000,000 if we'd have caught it on tape!

Later this week, I'll tell you more about this trip and LB's experiences in learning how to ski!

You're behind on the laundry friend,
Amy

No comments: