Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

January 19, 2011

A final word on Christmas.

Christmas with my family was a little different this year.  My sisters and I had planned to get together with my parents on January 31st to celebrate Christmas and the new year at the same time.  Well, at the last minute my Older sister's two youngest kids came down with the flu.

Due to the kindness of my sister's heart, she decided that they had better stay home and not expose the rest of us to the dreaded virus!  Thus postponing our Christmas celebration to the 14th of this month.

So, this past weekend my husband, my crazy haired dog and I all traveled the 150 mile trek to my parents house in honor of the celebration!

Now, this brings up another topic that needs explaining before I go on.

When my older sister got married 12 years ago, her husband introduced one of his family's traditions to our family!

When it is their turn to give their gifts to every one, each person receives a few small packages.  Instead of opening and enjoying each gift, it is a race to find your ammunition and weapon, which are individually wrapped.  That's right I said ammunition and weapon.  Now, remember there are kids involved (Kids of many sizes) so, when I say ammunition, I am talking about marshmallows, potatoes, rubber darts, ping pong balls...  and of course, the proper gun with which to shoot them.

But, this year we had a plan,  we weren't going to wait for them to give us our gifts.  No, that would give them a head start.  We planned an ambush!  As soon as supper was over, we loaded up our pockets with marshmallows and ganged up on them.  They were totally unexpected and unprepared.  Our war ended up outside with silly string!

Now, for your enjoyment I am uploading pictures from the last few years:

2006 - The first year of Silly String.

This is my brother-in-law.  The one guilty of this tradition!

My mom, bound and determined to catch my husband!

My dad, my #1 niece and my #2 Sister!

2007 - Marshmallow guns


"Don't shoot me I've got the Baby"
My #1 Sister and #2 niece.

My #2 Sister, My #1 Niece and Moose.

2008 - Potato Guns

LB - "Is this thing really going to work or is this a trick?"

My Mom - "Oh, you got me in the eye!"
My #2 Niece - "Don't shoot my Momma Scott!"

2009 - Ping Pong Ball Guns
This year is special because everyone only got 4 bullets (ping pong balls) only, which equals 36 ping pong balls total.  This is also the one that hurt the most which should explain the funny expressions.  We all had red welts when it was over.  Also, my mother got the bright idea to collect all the balls that were shot at her and hide.  Which caused a stand off!

My #1 Sister

LB and my Dad in the background.

My #1 Niece.

My mom with all but 2 ping pong balls against LB and my #2 brother-in-law.

My Dad wins!

2010 - Silly String again.
I didn't get any pictures of the ambush. I was a little busy, but I did get some of the silly string fight!

"Mom, is that you?"

 
My #1 Sister and LB - notice the two cans hidden in her waist line!

My #1 sister and my Dad!

I hope you enjoyed!


1 comment:

Yakvonn said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures are great! I have an idea... (my kids are gonna love me! :)