Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

August 31, 2010

Today's Attire

Today's schedule was kinda tricky. I wasn't sure how I was going to get everything accomplished, but knew that when I woke up this morning I was going to have to hit the ground running.

In preparation for he day I threw on a comfy sequin tee, my favorite skinny leg jeans and these wonderful pair on Nike Flip flops complete with dirt and all.


I had to make a grocery list, go to the dentist, drive 30 miles to the next town, go to the podiatrist, buy groceries, drive 30 miles back home, unload groceries, cook supper, go to the farm with LB, and then maybe have time to take a breath.

My trip to the dentist, if you'll remember, is not what caused my excitement for today. LB is the one who had to get cavities filled.

The 30 mile drive to the next town, is not what is causing me to write this either. It's what happened once I got there that caused all the excitement.

Do you remember the post I wrote about stepping in a hole in the hay field?

And then a few weeks later I wrote about joining a gym?

Well, when I came home today I was one shoe short!



The diagnosis- I tore the muscle that connects my ankle to my foot, away from the bone. This is a common injury of rolling your ankle. Then the hour workouts on top of that didn't allow the muscle to reattach.

Don't worry, I will mend. I have to wear the boot for three weeks. I'm not to take it off for any reason except to take a shower. I even have to sleep in it. Yuck!

At the end of the three weeks I'll go back to the podiatrist for a reevaluation on how it's healing. Then we'll go from there!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

well now we can be twinkes!!!! Isn't it fun. But your three weeks are far shorter than my 6 to 8 weeks! Bummer for me....oh well I say it could have been worse! Love your new shoe!!! LOL