Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

April 21, 2010

My Crazy Haired Dog

I have a Dog. His name is Moose.  He's a very cute dog, and I love him. I can't help it. Just look at his face...




How could you not love a face like this?

I got Moose from LB for Valentines day in 2006.  He took me to the Dog Kennel and I got to pick him out.  He was the only one of his litter left and not ready to be weaned yet.  But I knew he was the one for me.  Three weeks later we brought him home.  He only weighed a pound and a half. 


We bought him the smallest dog collar we could find and it still didn't fit!  From that day on Moose has gone with me almost everywhere I go.  He can't go to church or work with me of course, but he can most every where else.  He goes with me so much, that he actually has separation anxiety.  Who would have ever thought that a dog could get separation anxiety!



Moose (aka: Moo) is a West Highland Terrier.  These dogs are known for their Long White Hair.  As you can see in the picture, Moose is not lacking in that area.  We do have him groomed every 8 weeks so that he can actually see where he's going.  His hair will get so long that I don't know how he keeps from running into things!

See?  Well, maybe not!

So we load him up and take him to the groomer.  In the summer time it's lots cooler for him.


But in the winter time, he has to wear a coat.


He doesn't mind wearing clothes.  He gets excited every time you get any of his shirts out.  I think he thinks he is supposed to wear clothes. We do, so why shouldn't he? 

Despite all the crazy hair, clothes wearing and anxiety attacks, he has one pretty cool personality.  He definately knows how to make you feel better or make you laugh.  He is always at the door excited to see you when you come home and he's always under the table waiting for you to drop your food!  He's my buddy. 


I think everyone needs a house dog!

To all you dog lovers out there,
Amy

No comments: