Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

March 2, 2010

Moving Mania!

Okay, so we're moving! I'm excited, I really am, but I hate moving.

OK, so I don't HATE moving. Getting a new house is pretty fun. It's just the process in which i have to get my stuff to the new house that I hate.

I wish there was a little moving fairy that would come to my old house, pack my boxes, move my boxes, and then unpack my boxes in my new house.

This would definately make moving more enjoyable.

It's been four years since my last move and I swore then, that I'd never move again unless we hired it done. Well, here we are moving again and I decided that last time really wasn't that bad. I had just over reacted and this time I would be older and wiser thus making the whole situation even better.

Well, I forgot.

The 3 things I hate most about moving:
#1 - Finding boxes the perfect size for the items you want to pack is virtually impossible. They are either to small making me have to use two boxes, which gives me left over room. and I end up walking around the house looking for little odd ball items that I can fit in the box. Or the boxes are to big and I still end up walking around the house looking for that odd ball item to fill the extra space with. Eventually I end up running out of odd ball things and have to stuff extra newspaper in the boxes.

(Tip: If you think you have enough newspaper, think again. Take what you already have and quadruple that, and then maybe you'll have enough.)

#2 - Judging the weight of a packed box is not my expertise. One problem is that I think that my husband should be able to pick anything up. Why not? He's a man. He's big and strong. So if I can't pick it up he should be able to, right? Wrong! I learned it doesn't take very many books in a large box to weigh a whole lot. Because I have become so good at packing boxes really full making them to heavy, my husband, LB, has begun to bring me only small boxes. Now I am back to the problem I have in #1.

#3 - Getting boxes and furniture safely out of the house is also a troublesome area. Either I am not as strong as I think I am, or that piano has gained some weight. Need I say more?

This is such a vicious cycle. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to maintain my sanity! I have only 5 more days until we have to be out of our house.

Wish me luck!

No comments: