Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

March 15, 2010

Handbells

I play the handbells.  My church has a handbell chior.  A couple of months ago, the handbell chior director asked me if I'd be interested in joining again.  I had previously been in the chior when LB and I first got married, but we moved soon after and I had to drop out.  But now that we're back I took the offer and joined up again.  So, yes, I am an official ding-a-ling!

I have lots of fun!  There are a total of 12 members of in the chior.  I play 4 bells.  I play B-flat, B, Middle C, and C-sharp in the bass cleft.  Sometimes it's confusing because I'm not good at reading music. But we muddle through.  I have a great book partner who keeps me in-line and is a lot of fun to play with. 

Right now we are working on 3 pieces to play for Easter.  I came in at just the right time, because I started learning the music with them.  Sometimes I play the wrong note.  Sometimes I play on the wrong beat.  Sometimes I just miss my note all together.  But, they haven't kicked me out yet. 

It's kinda neat how 12 people, each having only two or three notes a piece make one song.  It definately takes a lot of team work to make the songs come out right.

Your ding dong
Amy

1 comment:

kreeves said...

Glad you are going for it. We are all ding-a-lings every now and then. That's what makes life interesting.