Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

March 8, 2010

Boys And Their Toys!

During our moving mania LB's brother, the Mechanic, has also been working on a move.  He is moving a house to the farm, which LB and I hope to do some day.  He has been working on leveling off the spot where the house is going, and getting the footings dug. 

This is going to be the view from his house!

Being the farm boy that he is, he decided not to hire the job done, but to embark upon this adventure himself, and rent a track hoe.  How hard could it be.  We use big machinery all the time.  He measured it out, marked it off, and began digging.  About midway through, LB and I arrived.  We had decided to stop by on one of our many trips to the storage building. 



I was impressed!  He actually knew what he was doing.  He was scooping out the dirt and making perfect straight lined trenches.  He was even making a neat and organized pile of the left over dirt.



As LB and I were leaving, he looked over at me and said.  "I wish we weren't moving today.  I'd love to go and play with that Track hoe!"  That's when it donned on me.  The Mechanic digging those holes with the track hoe, was just like something he would have done as a boy with a tonka toy.  He was doing what boys do best - gettin' good and dirty and makin' a mess.

Lesson learned:  Boys never grow up.  The only thing that changes is the size of the toys.

No comments: