Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

August 19, 2014

Moose Loves to Read

As most boys are, cooper is full of energy and on the go from the time his eyes pop open in the morning to the time you get him tucked in at night!  

I love that he is energetic and active and imaginative. But there are days that it makes me very tired.  So, for my sanity and his still three year old self, I try to make him take a nap every day. It's not hard, it's actually very easy. You see, Cooper loves to read! He comes by it naturally LB and I both enjoy reading very much. So, to get Cooper still enough to realize he's tired, all I do is read him a few books and before you know it,  he's asleep.

At about 2:00 every afternoon I ask Cooper "Do you want to go read some books?" He is always very excited about this and no matter what he is doing, he always stops, gets his bear and crawls up in my lap.  But the funny thing about all of this is the reaction I get from Moose.  Moose can be in a dead sleep and as soon as I ask the question, he is up and sitting at the foot of the rocking chair before we can even get there. I don't know what it is about it that he likes, but he even does it to LB at night when he reads Cooper his bedtime story.  He sits in the floor at the foot of the rocking chair. 

Sometimes at night, LB and Baby J will get in there and get the door shut before Moose makes it to the rocker, so he ends up scratching on the door until someone let's him in.  That's how much he enjoys reading! Maybe it's the sudden calm that comes over the house when we sit down or the sound of our voice while we read, but he's always there. He never misses.  

One of these days I will get a picture of this. But for now just writing it down and sharing it with you will have to do.  I love my crazy haired dog!

Amy

No comments: