Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 21, 2013

A Heavy Heart

I'm sure that any of you reading this tonight who are Oklahomans are feeling the same way.  This isn't the post I had planned for tonight, but with everything that has happened, I couldn't bring my self to write about anything else. 

Throughout today, I would catch myself setting on the edge of the couch riveted to the TV.  I have lived in Oklahoma all my life, and this is not the first tornado that has ripped across the state.  So, it's not like this was something new I'd never seen before.  But I was so hopeful for the searchers who were at the school looking for survivors.  I just knew that any minute they would say they found another group huddled in a safe place.  Luckily, there was no one else that needed to be found.  It was not just the students at the Elementary that occupied my thoughts, it was the families who were looking for their loved ones.  And the ones who were having to go back to their houses in hope that there would be some shred of their belongings left.  All day, my heart ached.

All I can think about tonight is, are these children who have just been through this traumatic event going to be able to rest easy tonight, are those parents going to be able to leave their children as they take care of business tomorrow without worrying that it could be the last time they see them.  Or, will those who were in the thick of the tornado be able to close their eyes with out the whole event replaying in their minds.  There is a lot of hurt out there tonight.

There are a lot of tired law enforcement officers, EMT, and firemen as well.  The volunteers were countless and the hours put in were extreme.  I know that this is just the beginning, and having never been through this type of loss myself, I could never even come close to knowing or understanding everything that is going on.  But I do know one way that I can help these hurting tonight....PRAY.

I found myself saying short little prayers as I was balanced on the edge of my seat.  I couldn't physically go and dig in the rubble, or take water to the searchers, but I could pray.  And tonight, I ask each and every one of you to please take a moment and say a prayer for the people of Moore.  The challenge is not just saying a prayer after you read this post, but remembering them for the days and weeks to come.  These tough, hurting people have a long road ahead, and they will need any kind of help they can get.

Please remember Oklahoma
Amy


No comments: