Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

February 15, 2013

Valentine's

Today, in honor of Valentine's Day, Baby J and I made salt dough hearts!
 
First, we dumped all the ingredients into the mixer. 
 
Next, move the step stool!
 
Then you roll out the dough.
 
Yes, that is a cup!  LB and I have been married for eight years and I have always used that red cup to roll out my dough.  I decided today that I should buy a rolling pin!
 
In this half of the dough, I added red food coloring.  I only put it in half because my recipe didin't say anything about adding coloring and I didn't want to ruin the whole batch.  But, it worked beautifully and left me wishing I had ben brave and dyed all of it!
 
After freezing the dough for aproximately 30 minutes, you give your child a cookie cutter and let 'em go!
 
After about 5 minutes, Baby J decided it would be easier to put the dough into the cookie cutter than it was to do it the other way!
 
Baby J kept a watchful eye on them for the five hours it took for them to bake!
 
Look Dad!  See what I made!
 
Next year we'll make them sooner and he can give them as Valentines!
 
Hope y'all had a happy Valentine's Day
Amy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: