Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

August 20, 2012

Saturday




Saturday, LB and I packed Baby J into the car along with his wagon, an ice chest, lunch and a slew of snacks.  Then we headed off toward The City to spend the day at the Zoo.  (Well, we had a couple errands too.)  Then  off to dinner with my parents.

Now, for those of you who are from Oklahoma, you know what happened Saturday.  But for those of you who aren't from here I'll tell you.

When we were about 15 minutes from the zoo, the heavens opened and the rain came pouring down!  Now, I'm in no way complaining about getting rain, especially since we are in the middle of a drought.  I just can't believe that the first time It rained in two years, happened to be the day we planned a trip to the zoo!

So, we ended up doing our day backwards.  We ran our errands in the rain.  Then, once we were all thoroughly starved, we parked under an awning that LB found and had a picnic.  The rain added a nice background to our dinner!  Then, just as we were pulling out of the parking lot, the rain stopped!  I don't think anyone could have timmed it any better. 

So, off to the zoo we went! 

We unpacked the wagon and the ice chest and the baby, when I realized I forgot my camera!  I couldn't believe it.  I never go anywhere without my camera!  Especially on an event such as this!  The above picture was taken with my phone and it's the only one I got!  Oh well, I guess that means we'll just have to go back!

I was very disapointed  because I knew Baby J would give me many photo opportunities to share with you all.  And he did.   I just better not forget it next time!

Amy

No comments: