Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

June 28, 2012

One


Today, my baby turned one.

I have been thinking all day about what I was going to post.  I wanted to celebrate my baby's birthday on my blog in some way.  I thought about writing a poem, but I couldn't think of anything that would rhyme with sleep deprivation or poopy diapers.  So, I discarded that idea and decided that I would just write.  Write whatever came to my mind....

A year ago on this day, I became a mother.  It is the most wonderful job I have ever had.  There are times when I am so tired and then there are times when I am so perplexed  and then times when I am so filled with joy!  I have learned things, like the different sounds of my baby's cry and what they mean.  And have experienced joy in things like watching my baby learn how to clap his hands.  I have experienced a new kind of worry, like the one you have the first time your baby wakes in the middle of the night with a fever.  And I have fallen in  love with the sound of my baby's giggle!

This past year has been one of the greatest blessings I have ever been given.  I am looking forward for this next year and all the new adventures we'll have.  Although, I hope it goes by a little slower this time!

Love  Amy

No comments: