Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

October 17, 2011

Family Reunion

Most people's busy holiday season begins around thanksgiving, but mine begins much earlier. Mine begins around the first of October. 

For most of my life, the busyness is kicked off with a family reunion at my parents house. And that's just where it began this year. 

LB, Baby J, Moose and I packed up early last Saturday morning and headed to Stillwater for the shindig!


This was Baby J's first time to meet the extended family. And his second time to see his cousins.  As I'm sure it is with most new moms, I had a good time showing him off!


Like usual, my dad had some sort of entertainment for the kids. This year it was a mechanical bull. And like usual, it wasn't just the kids who enjoyed it, my uncle even joined in on the fun (although I didn't actually get a picture of it this year.)

After everyone was thoroughly bucked off, we took our annual wagon ride.  This year, everyone surveyed the damage my parents had from the tornado last April.  Surprisingly enough, things didn't look as bad as they did at first. My sister and I attributed it to all the new growth that the trees were putting on. When things are green, it just makes everything look happy!

Things were a little different this year.  Due to the burn ban, my dad couldn't cook out like usual. But, not to worry, we didn't let anyone starve, the meal was catered by Bad Brad's BBQ! Yum

All in all, it was a great day and like always, I am already looking forward to next year!

The Farmer's Wife

No comments: