Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

May 30, 2011

That Time Of Year Again!

Well, It's that time of year again!  It came early this year since it has been so dry.  There wasn't much moisture in the wheat, so we didn't have to wait long for it to dry out. 

Since my belly is big and fat, and since I only have 3 weeks left, I haven't been out to the field like I usual.

We actually started cutting wheat on Friday, but I didn't make it out until Sunday and today to get pictures.

We spent yesterday and today cutting seed wheat.  That means, we will put all the wheat into a bin on the farm to use for planting next year.

All the wheat is first dumped into the wheat truck.  The wheat truck is then driven to the bin and dumped from the truck into the pit where it is then augured into the bin.

 It is a very long, noisy and dirty process!

The Farmer's Wife

No comments: