Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

September 29, 2010

My Journey To Motherhood

I have a story. 

Some of you know it, some of you don't.

I have thought long and hard, and I've prayed; and I believe this is  a story that is to be shared. 

If I tell my story, and there is only one person that is helped, then I've accomplished what God has wanted me to do.

I am 28 years old and have had two miscarriages.  Both were within six months of each other, the first in August 2008 the second in February 2009.  I had lots of struggles and emotional stress.  (Who wouldn't?)  But, when I needed something to help me along, all I could find was people telling me about others they knew who had had miscarriages and still had children later; or information about all the possible causes of a miscarriage.  But, I never once found anything that would prepare me for how I would feel after having one.  Nothing ever can prepare you for an experience like that.  And I needed someone to tell me:  "It's OK to feel that way."  "You're going to have these feelings...."

After lots of consideration, I have decided to write my story.  I do want to mention first off, what I experienced was by far not the worst thing that could have happened.  I know there are lots of people who have had worse experiences than I have, when it comes to miscarriages.  I also know that there are lots of people who have tried and never been able to have children.  And that there are lots of people still trying.  I'm not trying to downplay anything anybody has gone through.  I'm just trying to do what I can by sharing my story. 

For those of you who have friends who are experiencing some of these  trials, please feel free to send them here.  And for those of you who are male, this is your warning, feel free to read, but I might talk about stuff you may not want to hear. 

I have decided to post a series of blogs titled "My Journey To Motherhood".  There will be two parts:  Part 1 - This will cover my first two miscarriages and their aftermath.  Part 2 - This will cover anything in the present (meaning as soon as I find out I'm pregnant, I'll start part 2)

I can't tell you how often I'll post under this heading, because I'm just going to write as I feel the urge, but I will post as often as I can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you who have had or are going through anything like the above. 

Your Friend Amy

1 comment:

Yakvonn said...

Amy, I'm sorry if I wasn't helping you when we talked. I know this is a sensitive subject to many. I had two miscarriages as well, but gave birth to two healthy boys after each one. I didn't experience the pain of two losses in a row. I know you are going to help so many moms because you understand them. Blessings to you & LB as you wait for Father God's planting! I love you!