Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

September 16, 2010

Apachee

This is Apachee.

(I know, Apachee is only supposed to have one "e", but I wanted to add another "e", because I'm weird like that!)

Anyway, my dad got Apachee for me when I was in 6th grade.  He was only a yearling then.  Well, he actually didn't get him for me, he got him to trade, and I fell in love with him.  And you know how daddy's are with their little girls....

So, Apachee became mine.

I loved him.  I broke him to ride and gave him baths and I even set in his stall and talked with him.  I miss Apachee.  We spent lots of time together.  I sold him about 2 years ago to a family with kids.  They needed a gentle horse that they could trust and I hadn't been able to ride as much, so LB and I thought he would be better off.


I miss him.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow, he is beautiful!!! I'm sorry that you miss him. I know that must have been hard to sell him. I am thankful that someone felt the same as you though or we wouldn't have been so lucky. We just bought an older, gentle horse from someone who couldn't spend much time with her. So I am on the other end of sad and I am so grateful. You did a nice thing for someone else!

Cathy said...

Wow, he is beautiful. I'm sorry that you are sad. But thankfully people like you are out there. If it weren't for someone else selling we wouldn't be the proud owners of a horse right now. We were on the other end of the deal. Think of it that way. You did a sweet thing for someone else!