Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

June 2, 2010

Harvest!


IT'S HERE!!

It came a few days sooner than we thought it would, but Harvest is here!

I love harvest.  Of course, I've only been around farming for 6 years, but I really enjoy it.  To me it's like Christmas. I think it's the atmosphere that surrounds it.  There is an excitement.  It's not the excitement of just being excited, it's an excitement of hurrying to get the job done before the weather turns bad and ruins what's still in the ground, and keep your fingers crossed that none of the equipment breaks down, and hurry and get the trucks to the elevators so they can get dumped and back to the field so they can be loaded again.  Everyone just works together helping each other out.  I guess you could  call it an adrenalin rush.

Well, what ever it is, I love it!


1 comment:

Peggy said...

Well I am so glad to see you have blogged. I have been on the run so have not checked until now, even though I was asking you why you hadn't blogged. I love learning about the wheat, because when we lived in Lahoma our friends harvested wheat and I never understood why it had to be dry. Thanks for the lesson that was awesome.