Wheat Field Cut For Hay

Wheat Field Cut For Hay

April 29, 2010

Oklahoma Wind

Raise your hands if you have been to Chicago.

For those of you with your hands raised, you probably know that it is also known as "The Windy City". 

OK, you can put your hands down.

Now, I need another show of hands.  Who has been to Western Oklahoma?

For those of you who have been to Western Oklahoma, you probably know that Chicago doesn't hold a candle to how windy it is here!  90% of the time the wind is blowing and I don't mean just a little breeze.  I'm talking 30 - 60 mph winds!. 

Here, most of the trees lean to the north.  If you don't steak the trees when they are little, they will lean.  If you look at the tree in the picture, you can see that it is leaning in addition to the blowing branches. 

To prove that this is true, this afternoon I battled the 40 mph winds, and took a picture for you. 

  
Mom, this should explain why I cut my hair!


 Your windblown farm friend,
Amy

P.S. You can put your hands down now.

No comments: